Friday, September 4, 2015

My Pin Up Bombshell Vixen Style.... On a Budget

I love to shop online at a certain clothing store however my pocket book doesn't always think this is a good idea. While I love how simple it is to click on a pretty dress in my size and have it shipped to me, I am not loving all the ways I have to scrimp just to pay for said item. I decided to take my love for crafty and thrifting and combine the two to see what I could come up with on a much friendlier budget. I hit the thrift shops in search of pin up style clothing. It mattered not if they were vintage. They just had to have the right look. How did I do? See for yourself!


 

 
 
 
I found this pretty black with purple floral print dress at the Goodwill half off of it's 7.99 price tag. I loved the colors and the asymmetrical peplum. It's vintage era 1970's however with the right accessories I knew I could get the look I wanted. Monster Glam Pin Up Chic. I added a think black belt I already had at home and I made the floral corsage.
 
 



I bought purple flowers at the dollar store last year so I already had them. I used two rose flowers and one of the green leaves. The glitzy spider I had purchased at Michales last year around Halloween with my 40% off coupon. I believe they came 4 in a pack. I had also had some pin backs at home as well. With a little glue I created my accessory and felt it tied in the look I was going for.



I was lucky enough to find a second dress later on that same week. This dress was marked at $3.00 and although there was not a sale ..I felt the low price was amazing enough! I got it a little thrift shop near my house and not a Goodwill.

 
 
I felt the gingham and polka dot print really made this 80's dress have a more retro look. The fruit print was an added bonus! I had the thick black belt at home and made another floral corsage for this dress using dollar store red carnations (which I already had) and some Holiday Cranberries decorations that I also had (purchased at an estate sale). I thought they could pass for cherries and add to the fruit theme. No monsters here but I still thought this look was super cute and something I would love to wear to work!
 
 
Again I used two flowers and a green leaf along with two cranberries for cherries and a pin back I had at home.
 
 
 


This challenge was fun and I have gotten compliments on both outfits. I will note that I did not find what I was looking for in ONE day but I had a lot of fun searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment