Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I've Gone Missing......


 
 I suppose you can call me a slacker! I have neglected this sweet little space long enough! I am back and have such fun things to post!
 
 
Awhile back (like last year in December) my gal pal and I went to Charles Phoenix's Big Boy Lighting. This fun event took place at the Boy's Big Boy in Downey California. Since we are both fans of Charles Phoenix we thought it would be a great holiday thing to do. So off we went!
 
 
We all gathered in the chilly weather to see Charles light up Bob with strands of vintage Christmas lights! Here he is all decked out and pre lighting!
 
 
In case you haven't been there, the Bob's Big Boy in Downey is very retro in décor! They often have classic cars shows in their very own parking lot. I snapped a photo of some of the cars in the car hop car port.
 
 
More pics of the outside. When I was little my parents often took us to eat at Bob's.
 
 
Charles gathered us all and gave a sweet little speech about Bob's before he lit him up.
 
 
Just like a Christmas Tree!
 
 
Our group pic with Charles and Big Boy!
 
After the lighting we all went in and had dinner. After that they had a free raffle and I won a Bob's Big Boy Bobble Head! Not too shabby!
 
 
 
Because I am a fan of Mr. Phoenix... I thought it would be fun to make one of his holiday recipes!
After careful consideration... I decided on the Melting Snowman. This was quite easy enough. You just take some Velveeta Cheese and roll it into three balls, frost it with cream cheese and decorate with olives, carrots, pretzel sticks and such. The you pour some salsa into a fondue pot and place your snowman inside it and fire up the pot! He will melt into a delicious dip!
 
 
Here he is already melting away! I took him to our family holiday shindig!
 
 
Me and my little friend!
 
 
 
All in all Christmas was a hoot!
 
 
 
New Years Eve did not bring any crazy parties our way. We opted instead to head on over to my in laws for an impromptu poker game and cocktails. Even though it was winter out.... inside it was all about Summer
 
 
I brought along what I like to call my "Traveling Bar Kit".
It adds a bit of Retro Fab to any situation. Normally I pack it with plastic tiki cups and
martini glasses but since it was a holiday, I went with the real deal. I thought it was a swell way to ring in the new year! We sometimes find vintage bar kits at estate sales. These are usually hard cases that open and have a cocktail shaker, cups and room for a bottle of something inside. Sadly they are always missing the inside goodies but like to buy them anyway and hunt for stuff to put inside.
They make great gifts as you can fill them with nifty cups and cocktail napkins, vintage barware or a bottle of booze.
 
Next up.... Valentines Day! As married couple, I think it's sweet to celebrate Valentines day with all the trimmings! My husband spoiled me with surprise treats he placed on the table sometime after I went to sleep the night before. I woke up to this:
 
 
I love my husband!
 
We celebrated by going out to dinner at a local place called Phlight. We dined on delicious Tapas
and I enjoyed a glass of Sangria or two while Bobby had beer.
 
 
Interior of Phlight.
 
The next day we went to celebrate Valentines Day again with friends. We drove out to Long Beach to meet up and have dinner at The Attic.
 
 
The Attic is a sweet place that once was a house and still very much looks that way.
 
We dined outdoors and then headed out to see our friends band play at a near by bar.
 
I hope you enjoyed this little recap and I know I am not up to date as there is still more I would like to share but I think I shall put that in another post!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment