Friday, June 21, 2013

Bakelite or Plastic?


Is she wearing bakelite or plastic?
 


I am one of those girls who loves to accessorize! I love vintage jewelry as it tends to go with most
of my outfits and I rarely leave the house without it. I'm in love with bakelite. I have a small collection (REALLY SMALL) of bracelets that I adore wearing. Before I got my bakelite, I had about 10 plastic bracelets that I wore in place of. Some of them are thick and look carved and others are smooth. All are vintage. Now that I have my bakelite..I seldom reach for the plastic.


bakelite
 
The other day I paired two spacers (which are really think bakelite bracelets) with a large plastic black one. Why did I feel odd doing this? Like it was TABOO. I almost took them all off but then again I rather liked the way it looked...so I left it. Am I bad? Is it wrong to mix the good stuff with the cheap stuff?
 
 
plastic
 
 Do any of you do this?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment