Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Vintage Look For Less Part 2

 
Thrifted Vintage Inspired Circle Skirt $4.00
Thrifted 80's Black Envelop Clutch: $1.00
Thrifted Black Woven Belt: $2.00
 
 
I was excited when I found this honey of a skirt! It was vintage
inspired, perfect for summer and... it had never been worn! It still had
it's original tags on it! I LOVE the semi ethnic print, the shape and the sequin
accents here and there. I pictured wearing it with a black halter style top and my black
espadrille wedges. It reminded me of the skirts Gwenyth Paltro wore in The Talented Mr. Ripley!
 
 
Not only is this movie great, the location and costumes are to die for! My vintage inspired
skirt has suddenly made me want to be in Italy on a Vespa! My skirt is bit shorter than hers but
the style is almost the same and the price was a dream come true!
 
I love being inspired by movies!
 
 
 
 
Thrifted Vtg Red n White Gingham Shorts: $2.50
Thrifted Red Heart Elastic Belt: $1.00
Estate Sale Find Vintage Blue Beach Tote: $3.00
Dollar Tree White Sunglasses (with my own added detail): $1.00
 
I found these cute shorts and nearly squealed with delite! The
red and white gingham print was adorable! They are 80's Vintage
by L.E.I but have such a retro 50's vibe! Can you tell that I am stocking up for Summer?
Again once I saw these I began create outfits in my head. I can totally see myself wearing these
with a white peasant blouse and sandals while on a Disneyland date with the hubs! Or I can pair
it with my Retro black bathing suit and wedges and wear it pool side in Las Vegas!
So many opportunities!
 
I found the blue tote at an estate sales many moons ago. I adore having cute summer bags!
The red belt I also thrifted a long time ago and I get the MOST use out of!
The white sunglasses were a Dollar Tree purchase awhile back as well. I added some rhinestone detail to them.
 
 
 
 
 
Thrifted Brand New Mossimo Retro Bathing Suit: $ 6.00
Thrifted Red Heart Elastic Belt: $1.00
Dollar Tree White Sunglasses: $1.00
 
 
My most exciting find was this BRAND NEW with TAGS
Retro Black One Piece Bathing Suit by Mossimo! Some people may find it
a bit sketchy buying a bathing suit in a thrift shop. I must confess that I once thought this way as well.
Because this was new with tags and still had the little strip inside, I figured I could take it home and give it a good washing. So I did. I love that it ties around the neck and has an amazing built in bra.
I needed a suit for our Vegas and Palm Springs trips this summer!
This easily pairs with the red gingham shorts and circle skirt from above! I can be chic and pool ready!
 
More wonderful finds to come!
 
The Retro Glam Girl
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment