Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Plus Size Retro Chic Part 1

 
Got Curves?


Awhile back I had a friend of mine inquire about the items I sell in my online retro/vintage shop. I sent her the link so that she could see for herself. After viewing she asked if I had any larger sizes. I didn't and it made me wonder why. Why did I not have plus size clothing? I am not a tiny gal by any means and vary from a large to an XL. When I shop for items for my store I tend to pull things my eye finds pleasing. I never noticed the sizes of the items and maybe that's because I was not buying them for myself. After hearing what she had to say, I decided to go out on a quest to find vintage or retro chic plus size items!


I went to a few thrift shops and was pleasantly surprised by what I was able to find. I purchased a few things and was able to have a sweet collection to show to my friend. My finds are below:

 
Thrifted Retro Leopard Print Dress: $6.00
Ebay Vtg Black Bag: $4.00
Michael's Black Flower Pin: $2.00
 
Every gal needs a little leopard in her life. Right?  The V neck and A-line
cut on this dress is so flattering with curves. And if you got them..flaunt them!
All this dress needs is a sexy pair of heels!
 
 
 
 
Thrifted Retro Leaf Print Swim Suit: $3.99
Thrifted Black Belt: .50
Ebay Black Sunglasses: $3.00
 
Such a glamorous, figure flattering piece! I loved the black and white leaf motif
and the sweet skirt! Who wouldn't want to lounge pool side in this? Add some black wedges and
you got a sweet outfit!
 
 
 
Thrifted Retro Black and Gold Cocktail TARGET Dress: $5.50
Thrifted Vintage Black Hand Bag; $1.00
Michael's Black Flower Pin: $2.00
Necklace: Made Myself
(yes that's my toe)
 
This dress is lovely! The fabric, the gold ! The SHAPE!
Perfect for a cocktail party or holiday shin dig! I wanted to keep this
one but thought I should share instead.
 
 
 
Thrifted Retro Sundress : $3.50
(accessories I had at home)
 
The color and print of this dress are so summery and a little tiki! This also had a cute shape
and was in excellent condition! I also wanted to keep this one ...but.. you know.

 

 

 

 

 
Thrifted Retro Party Dress: $6.50
Accessories I had at home
 
I thought this was so cute! It could go from casual to formal with the aid
of accessories! The print was fun and that bottom ruffle ..perfect! The deep V added a little
VAVOOM and the look was retro!
 
I was happy to take all these back home, photographed and into my store. Not only did my friend
purchase one....the rest sold as well!
 
The sizes of these dresses varied from a 14 to an 18. They are mostly sleeveless and because some gals do not like to show their arms, I suggested that a black little shrug would go well with them!
 
Stay tuned for part 2 and more plus size retro looks!
 
The Retro Glam Girl
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment