Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Vintage Look For Less Part One

 
Thrifted Black Issac Mizrahi Dress: $3.00
Estate SaleVintage Woven Tote: $5.00
Estate Sale Vintage Multi Strand Necklace: $1.00
Black Belt: Yard Sale Find: .50





I know I have mentioned that I LOVE vintage. Right? I am especially in love with the 50's and 60's vintage era. Because I am not a VINTAGE only wearer ..I am always happy when I find reproductions or vintage like items. Sometimes the key to wearing repro is to pair it with vintage accessories. While the clothing is getting harder and harder to find, the accessories are a lot easier and I often score pieces at estate sales for good prices.

When I thrift, I search the racks and pull things that catch my eye. I seldom leave a stone unturned because I have found that by doing that...I have left many a cute pieces for someone else to purchase.
I look at everything and pull what I like right away before someone else snatches it up. Before purchasing anything, I do an inspection of the item for rips, stains, snags, broken zippers and imperfections. Certain things I can live with like if an item needs to be mended. That's easy so I don't mind. If an item is a faded black but otherwise in good condition..I will buy and just dye it. If there is a tear in it that can be fixed by shortening the dress then that's fine too. My motto is "Grab now, inspect later".

The above dress I thrifted at The Salvation Army on a mini spree with the hubs. We went out of our area and found this great store and it happened to be 50% off Clothes Day. I scored MANY a gems that day but today I am featuring this one. This is a black cotton Isaac Mizrahi For Target dress. It clearly has a vintage look to it and what I adore most is it's versatility. It can easily be a DAY or NIGHT dress with the help of a few accessories. This dress was PERFECT and the regular price was $6.00 but I scored it for $3.00!  This look is clearly for day as I have paired with a sweet vintage woven beach tote, belt and a pop of color with the vintage multi strand light blue necklace. All I have to do is add some black wedges  or sandals and I'm ready for Farmer's Market.

For a night time cocktail look I would just add a red thin belt, red heels and vintage black bead clutch and I am ready for drinks at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.

I think I may even be able to wear this to work as well!

More great finds from this trip to come!

The Retro Glam Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment