Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Weekend Fun

Photo: It's Fred's Birthday today. Happy Birthday Little Guy!!!!
 
Fred
 
The weekend brought many a good things to write about. One of them being the birthday of this
little guy here. This is Fred our fur baby. Fred has been with me since 2007. He and I became fast friends and nearly went everywhere together. We like our walks, our snacks and movie time. When I met my husband in 2008 I was not sure how Fred would be with him. Bobby showed up at my front door with hot dogs in his pockets and he and Fred have been best friends ever since. We celebrated with some cookie treats and a new squeak toy.
 
I also got out of work a little early on Friday so naturally I hit the thrift store. I searched the racks and found many a cute dresses however I had just purchased some from Ebay so I headed over to the blouse department and found a sweet aqua and white gingham print blouse. I thought it would be good with jeans. Next I visited the hand bag department and found a vintage Acapulco bag that I had to get for Summer! I love these kind of bags! They are perfect for the beach, farmers market and overnight stays. It was in great condition and only 3.99.
 
I hit up the housewears next. I found the cutest vintage wooden pineapple hors de vours server, a vintage monkey pod snack tray and a wooden pineapple shaped candy bowl. All of these were items I was hoping to find! I love the pineapple. It has little holes in it where you insert tooth picks and then put something yummy on the other end!
 
I was nearly ready to go when I browsed the shoes and saw some cute red ones with a wooden heel. Upon further inspection I realized that they were actually a pair of Lucky Lou's! They were also MY SIZE and they were only 6.99! I could not believe it! I snatched them up and tried them on. PERFECT! I giddily went to the register to pay for all my treasures and then headed on home.
 
Photo: Here they are!!!!
 
Thrifted Red Lucky Lou Shoes: 6.99
 
I have always been drawn to the ones that have Tiki's on them but I find that these are lovely as well!
I started to take out my dresses and pair up little outfits!
 
Photo: My Score. Vtg Acapulco Bag, Red Lucky Lou's, Vtg Monkey Pod. There are clothes but I'm not gonna post those.
 
Here are the bag , the shoes, the monkey pod and pineapples! Sorry the photo is not very good as I took it with my phone. It was a great Friday and a great way to kick off the weekend!
 
We spent the next two days with our families. It's always nice to be surrounded by those you love.
 
I am getting ready to celebrate our first year wedding anniversary which this coming Sunday May 19th. I have purchased a few things here and there and hope to create something special for my husband and I. More on that to come!
 
The Retro Glam Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment