Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy Anniversary

On May 19th my husband and I celebrated our 1st year
wedding anniversary. To celebrate we did a number of things. We went out to some antique and vintage shops in the city of Orange, CA. He bought me a lovely red bakelite bracelet and we also got a much needed vintage record player stand! My husband was very kind and also gave me Mad Men Season 4 ( I was missing that one)! I bought him a bowling shirt and a Johnny Cash shirt and paid for the record player stand as my gift to him. Later that night we got a little dressed up for cocktails and dinner at the fabulous Dal Rae!
 
me ready to celebrate!
 
If you haven't been to the Dal Rae yet, I suggest you go! It houses some of the most delicious steaks and the outside of the restaurant is very mid century. Delicious food, very strong drinks and a gorgeous atmosphere!
 
 
Outside the Dal Rae
 

 
Inside the bar area of the Dal Rae
 

 
The beautiful dinning room
 
We had a reservation but got there early just to have some cocktails. I had a mai tai and it was super strong but delicious! Dinner was amazingly good and I was happy that we actually got to sit in one of the booths!
 
 
Outside the Dal Rae waiting for our car.
 
After dinner we headed on home to enjoy some champagne and dessert! I made us a lemon cake
with butter cream frosting. I had these sweet retro Barbie cake toppers that I did not end up using for our wedding but had decided to use for our anniversary. I thought it would be a sweet tradition to bake us a cake every year and to use these cake toppers.
 
 
My mom had bought them for many moons ago and I had them in my hope chest and really wanted to use them for my Anniversary cake. I had also did a little digging at the thrift shop and found some vintage champagne glasses for us to use. The cake cutter was given to me (along with a cake plate) by my mom. The heart shaped HAPPY ANNIVERSARY box was a thoughtful gift from my cousin.
 
 
All in all it was a sweet way to celebrate!
 
 
The next day we both had off of work and so we spent it at Disneyland.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment